Wednesday, July 8, 2009

And Introducing....yet again....

Hello, and welcome to Alia Porci, the sometime blog of one Nathan Gilmore. This is my digital soapbox, my  never-ending open-mic night. Here, you will find, in varying amounts and frequencies:  poems, photos of vegan food and random things that can be found in Franklin, essays, rants, raves, reviews, library finds, wishlists, hit lists (okay, maybe not), kudos, castigations and other things that generally make up a blog. Specifically, you will probably get anarchist/lefty politics,  abolitionist theory, Christian spirituality, classicist poetry and very nerdy-sounding social critique. 

Why should you be interested in this? What sets me apart from any of a million-odd presumptuous blowhards with half a brain and a half-baked idea? What gems of insight should you expect to glean from the fortuitous happenstance that deposits you at my door? I say to you, verily: Nothing.

Keep those expectations low, my friends. And then Huzzah loudly when I surpass them. So, please bear with me.   I am, in the parlance of one John Steinbeck, wending my way "ad astra per alia porci"- "to the stars on the wings of a pig."

4 comments:

  1. I can't think of a time when I was ever happier that someone started a blog. To the future, to the stars....pigs and all. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Julie! Hopefully, even if I don't reach the stars, we'll have some fun watching the reckless leaps. Looking forward to sharing with you. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO excited about your new blog Nathan! You really are a very talented writer, and your thoughts are so important and insightful, you make me think, you make me laugh and you just plain make me happy. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww. Well, you know what makes me happy? That comment and your friendship. What a lovely thing to say! And, like as not, it won't be all important insightful thoughts... I recently acquired a digital camera, which means vegan food pics galore!

    ReplyDelete